|My pic from the red carpet in Hollywood. I felt corny! But who cares :) I got what I aimed for!|
I originally revamped my website (this site) so I could be a little bit more low key when it came to my transitioning into a legit career in film as a professional filmmaker, actress, and multicultural cinema blogger. I can admit, I checked out numerous websites for current successful actresses and filmmakers and I saw how they just updated their supporters of their good news, and then that was it. I then thought back to me, and I have decided to celebrate my full journey of transitioning careers via this site. My professional life and personal life are pretty one in the same. I don't really change hats... Unlike the sites that I saw, I'm not able to just recognize the good, I have to post a bit about the weirdness of my journey, and sometimes the failures and in between. Because after all, ten years ago, I would of loved to find a blog/site of a person as determined as I am, as open as I am, and a person as deeply spiritual as I am.
So, there it goes, this site will not be "Hollywood/Politically correct." It will represent my transitional journey as a scientist to a working filmmaker/actress, and multicultural cinema blogger.
So with out further ado, let's chat a bit about my month so far:
1. I have been attempting to locate employment so I can fund my lifestyle, career, self... and I have not been that successful to date. Its odd, but I know everything is going to work out. I do, my life always work out, even when I've had people put me to the curb to fade to black :) God always provides for all my needs. And I must add through all ways.
2. This week marks my first time on the red carpet @ a film festival where my project was an official selection. It felt pretty awesome to get inside of my dreams. Check out the picture below:
|I look like a little piggy in pic. But I will correct this!!!|
3. In a crazy twist of events, I went from the red carpet on Tuesday, to 100% cash deprived. I'm not leaving Hollywood this time. I came in 03' and left in 05', when things got rough.
6. This past weekend, I did my own photo shoot via my place. Check out the photos below under #6
7. I hitched a ride to the LA film festival on yesterday and I heard some amazing stories. I was able to make contact with some amazing people. Truth be told, I had sworn off all black events, because I am so much more than a black woman in Hollywood. I'm both, and right now I want to focus on all quality... and I have to be honest, I have not seen a lot of quality from the all black events that I have attended. But I'm so grateful that I attended the Blackhouse Foundation event. It was just well organized, and informative and inspiring.
I even cried when one director spoke... I got her thoughts on filmmaking. I'm glad she went after her dream of filmmaking. I must say that I thought the agent panel was down right negative. I felt that they kept on saying because a person is black, they need to do things a certain way. It made me sad, because people need to do what works for them, because in Hollywood anything goes... this ain't like medical school. They did not cite Tyler Perry's success as a business man and the fact that his agent from WME was added on to his team after he needed that assistance. I guess when its all said and done, you want agents/lawyers to chase you and not you chasing them. I mean their pay checks and their bosses pay checks come from YOU. Oh well, that was the only panel I did not like. I love that I am multicultural and in Hollywood.
|Me Playing With My Camera At Home|
I'll try to make more frequent updates so I won't have to write for such a long posts :) Hehehe
9. OHHHHHHHH, I went to visit Indian spiritual leader Amma on this past week. Although I felt as though I attended a cult event ( her followers) creeped me the hell out. BUT, I waited in line for like 6 hours and she prayed over me. I was not able to understand a word that she prayed, but it sounded as if she said, "MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE..."
|This is a Pic Of Amma --- Google Her...|